Thursday, August 25, 2011

I hate Corruption ! So what? I don't support Anna Way?

Curious voice : Are you with Anna? 
Me: "No". 
Aggressive voice : Don't you want corruption to end?
Me : I want corruption to end.
One angry Voice : Then, why are you not supporting Anna's Jan LokPal?
Me: I don't think that will going to end corruption.
Frustrated and Still angry voice : People like you are here, that is why India is in neck dip in Corruption. You must be from Congress. All politicians are ****, and you are one of the blind supporter of them. You are not a patriot. And much more angry and emotional outburst.
I thought, what I have said which has pissed off my friend. I never took or gave any bribe, atleast not from the time, I gain my consciousness. I am not terrorist. I have faith in India. So why on one fine day, my friend has easily labelled me as unpatriotic?
There is so much written for or against Anna and his team. I also have my own reservations on any national or social issue. So why I was deprived from expressing myself. Why is it become "only Anna" equation? 
In the time of Mahatma Gandhi, there were lot number of people who were critic of his methods. Ambedkar on Social or Bose on National issue. Not always people went for Gandhi. 
So If I decide not to join Anna movement or criticize him, why such anger?
I am not with corruption and I doubt who are doing corruption may also are against corruption. There is always a small section of society who loves to break law for enjoyment. Just leave this group, and see that all other are against corruption. But nowadays its a fad to support Anna. I have seen a group of builders who were supporting Anna. Shall I need to say more?
What is corruption exactly? 
- Political corruption : It is the abuse of power by the state official for the private gain. 
- Social corruption : To stops valuing integrity, honesty, virtue or moral principles. 
For what we are targeting is Political corruption and not the social corruption. Because we all know how corrupt we all are. Corruption start at rock bottom level, going upwards well nourished and protected. 
Most of us have the target of "getting thing done". It is because lack of knowledge of the processes, checking for short-cuts which are not at all necessary. 
I see, passing the Jan Lokpal bill is one more moral, social and constitutional corruption we are committing. 
If someone is going to make a law in this country, then its my right to ask questions about it. Why the open discussions are not being held? Why more emotional outburst that the rational answers. The same so called weaker laws have put A Raja and Kalmadi and many others behind bars. Why are we forgetting the case of
"Nanavati and Ahuja Murder case" where we had to abandon the system of Jury from the Judicial system of the country, which is still prevalent in many western countries.
There are many bill are required, separate bills, like Police reforms, Judicial procedure reforms, Political parties reforms, etc need to handle corruption. 
But what about social corruption? I heard many of my friends are very proud saying that they get so many things in dowry. Many of us still look down-ridden caste as ugly and disgusting. Many of us are involved in honour killing. Beside all this, many of us are living on the space which was reserved for forest or school or children park. The list is countless. These things were in our hand, but we turned blind because it profits us. 
I don't want bloody revolution in my country, I don't support Modi because of what had happened in Gujrat, I don;t support congress becasue of what they did with Sikhs and I don't support many others because of this. 
I believe in Democracy, I believe in elective representation in Parliament, I believe in our independent Judicial system. I believe in reforms from dialog and discussion. It needs Patience and courage. Here, Team Anna, who don't represent people of India, dictatorial mandate to Pass the bill in single session doesn't go well with me. Hence I don't support his fast and bill. 

I would like to give a quote from Ambedkar.
If we wish to maintain democracy not merely in form, but also in fact, what must we do? The first thing in my judgment we must do is to hold fast to constitutional methods of achieving our social and economic objectives. It means we must abandon the bloody methods of revolution. It means that we must abandon the method of civil disobedience, non-cooperation and satyagraha. When there was no way left for constitutional methods for achieving economic and social objectives, there was a great deal of justification for unconstitutional methods. But where constitutional methods are open, there can be no justification for these unconstitutional methods. These methods are nothing but the Grammar of Anarchy and the sooner they are abandoned, the better for us. – Dr.B.R. Ambedkar

2 comments:

swapnil said...

Dr. Ambedkar warned three dangers to the new born democracy. these related to social economic inequalities, the use of unconstitutional methods, hero worship. he warned us to remove the social ineulities or else those who will suffer will blow up the structure of democracy. use of unconstitutional methods is nothing less than grammarr of anarchy. he believed that there is nothing wrong in being great to grateful man who rendered life long service to the country. but there is limit to gratefulness. no man is grateful t the cost of his honor and no nation is grateful t the cost of its liberty. in India , bhakti or hero worship plays a big role. and its a sure road to dictatorship.

Nipun said...

I think atleast some one should step up against corruption.....and fight for it ....otherwise it just remains like a scam ,it remains open for some time media make news and money out of it.....n it no more opens.......This is our government..We need strict enforcement.....